Food and Processing
The flow of clean air within food preparation and distribution facilities is critical to the process. Some products require production in a particle-free environment and contamination by small particles can result in significant health & safety problems as well as production interruptions.
Specific advantages for Spiralite ductwork in Food Preparation & Distribution include:
- It has a natural anti-microbial smooth surface with an absence of pitting, preventing the proliferation of microbes and other foreign/hostile organisms. The internal laminate also contains a mould inhibiting agent that further maintains the sterility of the surface.
- Having the internal folds in the direction of the air flow helps to avoid the accumulation of dirt and the shape of the duct removes almost all ‘dead spots’ where eddy currents allow dirt to build up
- Due to the smoothness of the internal laminate and the lower accumulation and adherence of foreign particles, Spiralite is quicker and easier to clean and maintain in a sterile condition.
- Where hepa-type filters are required to ensure optimal air cleanliness, the high internal negative pressures that they can create have no impact on the structural integrity of Spiralite
- Museum Of the Future, UAE